Wood Village Baptist Church was organized on April 3, 1951, while meeting in what is now City Hall. It began as a Sunday school.
The first pastor, Rev. Melvin Erickson, guided the church through the move to the present location in September of 1954, and he continued serving until 1960. The church has enjoyed steady growth in membership along with an expanding campus and facilities.
- Rev. Melvin Erickson (1951-1960)
- Rev. James Stanfield (1961-1963)
- Rev. Kenneth Bekkedahl (1963-1972)
- Rev. John Atherton (1973-1979)
- Rev. Donald Boldt (1980-1994) and
- Pastor Bill Ehmann (1995-current).