November 23, 2016
On this eve of Thanksgiving 2016, I am grateful:
- That I know Creator God personally. Jesus made this possible and I am secure with Him forever.
- For Carol and that at 51 years of marriage, we continue to enjoy life and ministry together.
- For family and friends who pray for me and offer encouragement continually.
- For Wood Village Baptist Church where, after more than 30 years of ministry, I have continual joy and enthusiasm for what I get to do.
- For the Bible that in its entirety I question less and believe more every day.
- For the United States of America, where I enjoy more benefits and freedom to do life the way I believe than would be possible anywhere else on Planet Earth.
- That God does not explain everything He does – and does not do – and that this troubles me less than it used to as I learn to trust Him more.
- For the local church that has survived much longer than any organization on Planet Earth – and will continue to be here until Jesus returns.
- For technology that I do not understand but that I use continually to communicate with people locally and globally.
- For everyone who actually reads this “Ponder” and finds it helpful – maybe even an inspiration to write their own list of “gratefuls.”
May your Thanksgiving Day – and every day – be filled with reminders of God’s Grace.
Pastor Bill Ehmann