October 10, 2018
Our culture encourages young people to make choices that are counter to what the Bible teaches and, if followed, are sure to bring eventual regret. I have been pondering some choices that teens will never regret making.
- A disciplined life with a balance of planned routine, time management, proper diet and rest, and appropriate physical exercise.
- Respect for authority – parents, teachers, employers, police and Creator God.
- Appreciation for education – at a minimum, completion of high school, and beyond that, college or trade apprenticeship.
- Value of people – appreciation for each individual regardless of their background or observable usefulness.
- Balanced discussion or debate with people that maintains personal conviction and is willing to agree to disagree when appropriate.
- Determination to read a portion of the Bible every day.
- Commitment to Jesus as personal Savior God and continual gratefulness for Him.
- Evaluation of friendships and building strong relationships with people who support their convictions.
- Save emotions and body in purity for the person they marry.
- Be accountable to God and to another person.
Teens who make and follow these choices will have a better life, fewer regrets and will always be useful in the community.
Pastor Bill Ehmann