November 27, 2019
“It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High.” Psalm 92:1
Today I am thankful:
* That Creator God does not change and that He does not let me make decisions that only He is capable of making.
* That God is not willing that anyone would miss out on spending forever with Him; anyone who will not be there has decided to refuse His free Gift of Grace in Savior Jesus.
* That I have the privilege of living in the USA; it is not perfect, but there is no other place I want to live.
* That a lot of people have been patient with me over many years – and still are.
* That I have enjoyed 54 years of marriage to Carol, with whom at one time I thought I could not even get a date!
* That I have been privileged to be in church ministry for 50 years; it is a gift to do every day what really does not feel like work.
* That there is one book, the Bible, that still tells the Story of Jesus; knowing Him brings life eternal.
* That I do not have to find answers to life questions that seem to have no answers; it just shows that God is God and I am not.
* That I enjoy what God has promised if we seek Him – food, clothing and shelter; and that the homeless might experience some of this during the holidays because people care.
* That the church founded by Jesus has endured the test of time and will continue until He comes back for it.
* That freedom from the penalty of sin also brings the power to overcome daily sins so that life can be filled with peace and contentment.
* That one day I will not write a “Thanksgiving Praise” but will express it in person to Savior Jesus.
Pastor Bill Ehmann